Root Studio is a team of passionate and friendly designers and developers primarily based in Lincoln. We hand code innovative, characterful websites that help our customers grow. We love our work and we’re looking for a talented web developer to help us create even more wonderful websites.
This is a full time post and you’ll be working with our existing development team to help make our beautifully designed websites a reality using your web development skills. We like our websites to be brilliantly designed and look great underneath too so an attention to detail and a pride in your code will be necessary (find out more about our websites).
- Excellent knowledge of PHP 7+
- Strong SQL and database management
- Excellent HTML5 and semantics
- Solid understanding of CSS and Sass
- Good framework experience (Laravel)
- Experience with Git version control
- Experience with task runners and package managers
We’d love you to have:
- At least a years experience in an agency environment
- Knowledge of CSS architectures (BEM or ITCSS for example)
- Experience of integrating sites into a CMS (Perch/Statamic/Craft/Wordpress)
- Basic server management and deployments
We’re looking for someone who’s really passionate about the code they produce and isn’t afraid to suggest improvements to our current workflow and to our website builds/designs - we like our team to have a keen interest in design as well as current and future technology.
We're ideally looking for someone who can demonstrate their experience with at least one years recent commercial development experience although if you're a super talented junior developer feel free to apply.
If this sounds like you, you can look forward to:
- Competitive salary based on experience (£25-£30,000)
- Company pension scheme
- A fully kitted out Mac with all the software you need/prefer
- A relaxed studio atmosphere and a good work/life balance (when we return to the studio)
- A trusting, enthusiastic environment
- A diverse range of projects (front-end builds all the way to custom API's)
The role is an exciting and varied one and we're looking forward to seeing what you can do! To apply, please send us an email in the first instance, with a full CV and a link to your online portfolio or blog, plus some links to websites you’ve built in the past (and a brief explanation of what you did, how and why).
This is a permanent position (subject to a probationary period) and you’ll (eventually) be working in our Lincoln studio with our other developers and designers, though in the short term you'll quite possibly be working remotely until it is deemed safe for us all to return back to a shared environment.
Please send your CV along with links to your work and/or your Github profile to firstname.lastname@example.org - we’re really looking forward to hearing from you.
If you're a recruitment agency please do not get in touch.